Thread: Brunckow's Cabin, Arizona

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Brunckow's Cabin, Arizona

Originally posted by Leanne Cress

: Myself, my husband and I recently visited Brunckow's Cabin, having read that it was supposedly the bloodiest cabin in Arizona's history. Unfortuneatly only two adobe walls remain, unlike the picture where it shows a main wall, what a shame this sight couldn't have been preserved.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Brunckow's Cabin, Arizona

Originally posted by Coach Bodie

: So true. Unofrtunately the saame if true for nearby Charleston, AZ!!!

:
    : : Myself, my husband and I recently visited Brunckow's Cabin, having read that it was supposedly the bloodiest cabin in Arizona's history. Unfortuneatly only two adobe walls remain, unlike the picture where it shows a main wall, what a shame this sight couldn't have been preserved.

Default Re: Brunckow's Cabin, Arizona

: : Myself, my husband and son recently visited Brunckow's Cabin, having read that it was supposedly the bloodiest cabin in Arizona's history. Unfortuneatly only two adobe walls remain, unlike the picture where it shows a main wall, what a shame this sight couldn't have been preserved.

Default Brunckow's Cabin

I thought I would add an update since it appears the last one on the cabin is about 4 years old. First, directions (I spent an hour wandering around, but good exercise): From the Charleston Road, turn onto Brunckow's Road (red signpost) pull in and park. Note that there appear to be new signs about no driving except authorized vehicles (i.e. the owners of the nearby ranch). I would not screw around on this one. There is a set of adobe and concrete ruins about 50 meters away. Walk down the trail heading west (towards the river) and past the first set of ruins. If you look about 600 meters down the trail to a small hill, you can see the ruins of the cabin. Walk on down the trail and note that there are about 12 old mineshafts in the immediate area. That probably accounts for some of the violence associated with the cabin. From having looked at previous pics, the cabin is deteriorating fast. Not much left, psychically, I did not 'feel' anything associated with the place either.

I will be posting pics on my web site within a week or so; www.tacticaloperationscenter.com
    Last edited by Airborne Ranger; 01-29-2007 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Picture posting

Default Brunckow's Cabin

Here are a couple of pics of the cabin
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttowns.com View Post

: Myself, my husband and I recently visited Brunckow's Cabin, having read that it was supposedly the bloodiest cabin in Arizona's history. Unfortuneatly only two adobe walls remain, unlike the picture where it shows a main wall, what a shame this sight couldn't have been preserved.
    What is the story, why is it the bloodiest cabin in arizona

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Baker-dude View Post
    What is the story, why is it the bloodiest cabin in arizona
    Here's one of the stories;

Brunckow's Cabin - Arizona Ghost Town

Thread Information