Thread: "The ghost town of Lilac"

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default "The ghost town of Lilac"

Originally posted by Johnnie

: Someone gave me a landline Yesterday and ask me about a ghost town named "Lilac" near the old mining of Julian in southern California and because I help him in the pass, he thought I might help him again about locating the ghost town of "Lilac" I related to him that I was aware of a town by that name and back in the late 1970s we all took a trip down to that aera but did not have any luck, mainly because most of the land in the aera we were searching was on private land, so told him I would check with the rest of you ghost town "Buffs" to see if you guys could help both of us, I haven`t myself found Information on this town of "Lilack" was it a mineing town? or was it a farming town? it sounded very Intriging when I first found out about it back in the 1970s, my friend has no excess to this great web-site as we do, so maybe we all could help him try to find out more about this little town of "Lilac"

: Thanks
    : Johnnie

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: "The ghost town of Lilac"

Originally posted by Dezdan

: Johnnie,

: I checked through claim records for San Diego County and found nothing on Lilac, or anything near the name of Lilac. There is however a small town named Lilac between the I-15 and Pauma Valley. I think most will know Lilac because of the road named after it which crosses over the I-15. Lilac Rd over crossing is that famous curved bridge that crosses over the I-15. Through GNIS data I also found a Lilac Tunnel in SD county, but Topos show nothing at all...

: ~Dezdan

Default Re: "The ghost town of Lilac"

Originally posted by Johnnie

: : Johnnie,

: : I checked through claim records for San Diego County and found nothing on Lilac, or anything near the name of Lilac. There is however a small town named Lilac between the I-15 and Pauma Valley. I think most will know Lilac because of the road named after it which crosses over the I-15. Lilac Rd over crossing is that famous curved bridge that crosses over the I-15. Through GNIS data I also found a Lilac Tunnel in SD county, but Topos show nothing at all...

: : ~Dezdan

:
    : Thanks! Dezdan for the reply, back in the 1970s when we tried to locate the town of Lilac we were told that the orig town of Lilac was on private property and was not excessable so we stop looking at that point, and just visited some other sites in the aera and then came back home, I had forgotten all that ghost town of Lilac till my friend called me, and don`t remember where found the Information on this mystry town,I guess it was in some old ghost town guide book I have been looking for that (G T) guide book ever since.
    : anyway thanks for the Info. I will pass It on.

: Johnnie

Thread Information