Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "30" ghost towns and sites worth viisiting in Idaho

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default "30" ghost towns and sites worth viisiting in Idaho

Originally posted by johnnie

: First of all I want to apologize, for the posting on the 4th I was called away from my commuter for bit and when I returned and summited the (Info) it was incomplete my mistake.

: Now for the Infomation on the Northern Idaho Ghost that I have researched through the years in and around Wallace Idaho I guess the main ghost town just north of the town of Wallace, is Murray & Eagle City, that`s where It all started back in 1882, when A.J. Prichard and his friend Gelatt were gold panning on the local creek and found a handfull of good size gold nuggets just short time, and this is what started the "gold rush" to Northern Idaho, and then came the mining towns of Gem, Burke Osburn, Kellogg, but many other discovers were made latter on that did not have the population that the towns above had, but still are worth checking out,

: Now some are just sites, but are still worth checking out, the whole aera is just littered with mining history and is just chuck full of interesting people that "rush" to the Coeur d` Alenes for to make their fortunes that I will post at later time.

: Now here are some of the smaller mines sites,in and around the town of Wallace do check John Amonson at the local museum for more details on their exact locations.

: 1. Bunker hill
    : 2. Coeur
    : 3. The Cresent
    : 4. The Anchor
    : 5. The Constitution
    : 6. The Custer
    : 7. the Evolution
    : 8. Frisco
    : 9. Galena
    : 10.Galena
    : 11.Gem
    : 12.The Gold hunter
    : 13 Hecla
    : 14. The Hercules
    : 15. The Highland Sunprise
    : 16. The interstate
    : 17. The Ione
    : 18. The Jack Waite
    : 19. The Last Chance
    : 20. Lookout Mountain
    : 21. The Lucky Boy
    : 22. Lucky Friday
    : 23. The Mayfower
    : 24. The Monitor
    : 25. the Moring Star
    : 26. The Nabob
    : 27. The Page
    : 28. The Pilot
    : 29 The Snowstorm
    : 30. Tiger Poorman
    : 31. The Sierra Nevada
    : 32. The sunshine

: There are sever more that I will list at a latter time along with the colorful characters that made history in the stamspede to the Coeur d` A lenes.

: Thanks to the Ghost town Staff for this great web-site so we all can share our knowlege and love for the old west.

: Johnnie

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: "30" ghost towns and sites worth viisiting in Idaho

: : First of all I want to apologize, for the posting on the 4th I was called away from my commuter for bit and when I returned and summited the (Info) it was incomplete my mistake.

: : Now for the Infomation on the Northern Idaho Ghost that I have researched through the years in and around Wallace Idaho I guess the main ghost town just north of the town of Wallace, is Murray & Eagle City, that`s where It all started back in 1882, when A.J. Prichard and his friend Gelatt were gold panning on the local creek and found a handfull of good size gold nuggets just short time, and this is what started the "gold rush" to Northern Idaho, and then came the mining towns of Gem, Burke Osburn, Kellogg, but many other discovers were made latter on that did not have the population that the towns above had, but still are worth checking out,

: : Now some are just sites, but are still worth checking out, the whole aera is just littered with mining history and is just chuck full of interesting people that "rush" to the Coeur d` Alenes for to make their fortunes that I will post at later time.

: : Now here are some of the smaller mines sites,in and around the town of Wallace do check John Amonson at the local museum for more details on their exact locations.

: : 1. Bunker hill
    : : 2. Coeur
    : : 3. The Cresent
    : : 4. The Anchor
    : : 5. The Constitution
    : : 6. The Custer
    : : 7. the Evolution
    : : 8. Frisco
    : : 9. Galena
    : : 10.Galena
    : : 11.Gem
    : : 12.The Gold hunter
    : : 13 Hecla
    : : 14. The Hercules
    : : 15. The Highland Sunprise
    : : 16. The interstate
    : : 17. The Ione
    : : 18. The Jack Waite
    : : 19. The Last Chance
    : : 20. Lookout Mountain
    : : 21. The Lucky Boy
    : : 22. Lucky Friday
    : : 23. The Mayfower
    : : 24. The Monitor
    : : 25. the Moring Star
    : : 26. The Nabob
    : : 27. The Page
    : : 28. The Pilot
    : : 29 The Snowstorm
    : : 30. Tiger Poorman
    : : 31. The Sierra Nevada
    : : 32. The sunshine

: : There are sever more that I will list at a latter time along with the colorful characters that made history in the stamspede to the Coeur d` A lenes.

: : Thanks to the Ghost town Staff for this great web-site so we all can share our knowlege and love for the old west.

: : Johnnie

: I just wanted to mension that I reposted my story on the my family contribution to the history of the "old west" just scroll down to my posting just below my posting on the 4th of july my family and I thought It only appropriate to complete our posting.

: thanks
    : johnnie

Default Re: Gelatt finding gold

Originally posted by James E. Gelatt

: Looking for any information on a ....Gelatt no 1st name listed, that's mentioned as being with Pritchard when they discovered gold in NW ID. Any info? Thanks!!

Default Gelatt

I wonder if anyone knows the given name of the prospector "Gelatt" mentioned along with A.J. Prichard in discovering gold in northern ID?

Jim & Sue Gelatt
    Yakima, WA

Johnnie is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Smile Idaho Ghost towns

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttowns.com

: : First of all I want to apologize, for the posting on the 4th I was called away from my commuter for bit and when I returned and summited the (Info) it was incomplete my mistake.

: : Now for the Infomation on the Northern Idaho Ghost that I have researched through the years in and around Wallace Idaho I guess the main ghost town just north of the town of Wallace, is Murray & Eagle City, that`s where It all started back in 1882, when A.J. Prichard and his friend Gelatt were gold panning on the local creek and found a handfull of good size gold nuggets just short time, and this is what started the "gold rush" to Northern Idaho, and then came the mining towns of Gem, Burke Osburn, Kellogg, but many other discovers were made latter on that did not have the population that the towns above had, but still are worth checking out,

: : Now some are just sites, but are still worth checking out, the whole aera is just littered with mining history and is just chuck full of interesting people that "rush" to the Coeur d` Alenes for to make their fortunes that I will post at later time.

: : Now here are some of the smaller mines sites,in and around the town of Wallace do check John Amonson at the local museum for more details on their exact locations.

: : There are sever more that I will list at a latter time along with the colorful characters that made history in the stamspede to the Coeur d` A lenes.

: : Thanks to the Ghost town Staff for this great web-site so we all can share our knowlege and love for the old west.

: I just wanted to mension that I reposted my story on the my family contribution to the history of the "old west" just scroll down to my posting just below my posting on the 4th of july my family and I thought It only appropriate to complete our posting.

Here is a list of some i have got in our archives, This is to help our fellow ghosttowner on ghost towns in Idaho on the posting from this AM May -06

Johnnie & Sheila
    Last edited by Johnnie; 05-21-2006 at 10:37 AM.

Cool Idaho Ghost Towns

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttowns.com View Post

This is for everyone that plans to join in on the Ghost Town Rally., this spring with Cat, Rachel, and others who plan to join this Ghost Town adventure in the great state of Idaho.

We pulled this information out of the bulletin board archives of mining towns and mining sites that might be worth checking out. We complied this list several years ago when we were planing a trips to Northern Idaho, but due health problems we have not made it up to the
    Coeur d'Alenes yet..

We would be first in line to buy a video of the Ghost town Ralley adventure Have fun everyone.

Johnnie & Sheila

Thumbs up Idaho Mining Camps Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttowns.com View Post

One of fellow ghosttowners was inquiring about some Idaho mining camps that make worth visting. Here are some we conplied a few year ago. that may worth checking out.

Happy ghosttown trails
    Johnnie & Sheila
    Last edited by Johnnie; 05-28-2007 at 12:17 PM.

I wqas reading your list of Ghost Towns in Idaho and did not come across the ghost town of Rocky Bar, Idaho? What info do you have on it?

Gravelrash is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Pat - http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/id/rockybar.html

I seem to recall there was a post here, about a month ago, on Rocky Bar also.
    This is from GoogleEarth:
    Rocky Bar is a ghost town in Elmore County, Idaho, USA. At its height in the late 1800s Rocky Bar boasted a population of over 2,500 and served as county seat of Alturas County from 1864 to 1882. It was also the original county seat of Elmore County when it was created in 1889. Rocky Bar was founded in December 1863 soon after gold was discovered along the nearby Feather River. Within two years it became the main settlement in the area and was even considered as a possible capital for Idaho Territory. The town was destroyed by fire in 1892. Although it was rebuilt, afterwards it began a slow decline. Rocky Bar has not had a permanent population since the 1960s. Rocky Bar is located 62 miles northeast of Mountain Home.
    Hope that helps a bit.

Here are some great photos of Rocky Bar on Ripleysghosttowns.com

http://www.ripleysghosttowns.com/rockybar.html

Thread Information