Thread: Frisco ,Utah

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Frisco ,Utah

Originally posted by Jim Burke

: I took the family out to Frisco the last week of June 2002 and was disappointed to find it closed off. Another family that was already there told us that the mine had been reopened and the road was posted. A short trip confirmed this with much heavy equipment in evidence. The kilns and the old graveyard where still acessible. On another note I plan to send in some pics and background on a site here in south jersey where a WW I shell factory was located...now the home of the Atlantic county park.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Say it isnt so!

Originally posted by Cat and Ripley

: NO WAY! Frisco, one of the best ghost towns in Utah, is now inaccessible? Does anyone know if the current operation is protecting the buildings and other historic structures? I'd really hate to see such a fantastic site get ruined, just like Rawhide!

:
    : : I took the family out to Frisco the last week of June 2002 and was disappointed to find it closed off. Another family that was already there told us that the mine had been reopened and the road was posted. A short trip confirmed this with much heavy equipment in evidence. The kilns and the old graveyard where still acessible. On another note I plan to send in some pics and background on a site here in south jersey where a WW I shell factory was located...now the home of the Atlantic county park.

Default Re: Say it isnt so!

Originally posted by C Timmerman

: We just returned from the region this week-end, and stopped overnight at the cemetary. The former road is still blocked; but there appears to be a way around the blockage from the west somehow. Due to time, we did not check it out. At first, we tried the eastern most entry into the kiln area; and came across evidence of residency; along with sighting of people at a residence on a nearby hill; so we did not proceed. The cemetary appears to have been severly vandalized lately since reading a posting of names from a couple of years ago. Did likewise note a majority of the cemetary residents were children; similiar to another poster's message.

:
    : : NO WAY! Frisco, one of the best ghost towns in Utah, is now inaccessible? Does anyone know if the current operation is protecting the buildings and other historic structures? I'd really hate to see such a fantastic site get ruined, just like Rawhide!

: :
    : : : I took the family out to Frisco the last week of June 2002 and was disappointed to find it closed off. Another family that was already there told us that the mine had been reopened and the road was posted. A short trip confirmed this with much heavy equipment in evidence. The kilns and the old graveyard where still acessible. On another note I plan to send in some pics and background on a site here in south jersey where a WW I shell factory was located...now the home of the Atlantic county park.

Thread Information