Thread: "The Mystery Ghost Town of Montana"

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default "The Mystery Ghost Town of Montana"

Originally posted by johnnie

: Well have I peek any more of you "Ghost Town Buffs" Intrest, On this mystery commmunity of "Beartown," Montana, I know that it sure has me, and some others that have e-mail me since I posted my research on this Intriging little town.

: Now! what we all came up with is, that the new maps have this town of 361 people North of The Blackfoot River and South/east of a Seely Lake,and nestled in the Lewis Range not in the Stock Range as earlier maps showed in 1889, we figured that the mountain range change names sometime later as did towns, and county`s did, Now the old map shows this mystery town as being in Deer Lodge county, and the new maps show that it might be in what is now Granite county and on souther tip of the "Flathead River."

: So could this be a town like Bodie of the west, and still have everthing intact and preserved as if everyone just left yesterday, You know like we all dream about, finding someday!

: Now if anyone finds any more Info on this "mystery Town in our great state of Montana, please post it for the rest of us.

: thanks
    : Johnnie

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: "The Mystery Ghost Town of Montana"

Originally posted by Ghosttown Bob

: Check out the following map: http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=12&n=5184587&e=321442&s=25&size=l It shows Bear Town about 7 miles north of Bearmouth, and about 4 mile south of Garnet. There are some other interesting locations in the area. Of course, Garnet is a very interesting place, and could be considered the Bodie of Montana. The Forest Service has preserved Garnet in a state of "arrested decay." and has a lot of old buildings left along with a facinating history.

: Other locations to explore, which may be of interest are : Reynold City 2 1/2 mile East of Garnet, Yreka 3 miles, north, and Coloma about 2 miles NW of Garnet. Coloma looks like the most promising "True Ghost" with several buildings still intact and no population!

: : Well have I peek any more of you "Ghost Town Buffs" Intrest, On this mystery commmunity of "Beartown," Montana, I know that it sure has me, and some others that have e-mail me since I posted my research on this Intriging little town.

: : Now! what we all came up with is, that the new maps have this town of 361 people North of The Blackfoot River and South/east of a Seely Lake,and nestled in the Lewis Range not in the Stock Range as earlier maps showed in 1889, we figured that the mountain range change names sometime later as did towns, and county`s did, Now the old map shows this mystery town as being in Deer Lodge county, and the new maps show that it might be in what is now Granite county and on souther tip of the "Flathead River."

: : So could this be a town like Bodie of the west, and still have everthing intact and preserved as if everyone just left yesterday, You know like we all dream about, finding someday!

: : Now if anyone finds any more Info on this "mystery Town in our great state of Montana, please post it for the rest of us.

: : thanks
    : : Johnnie

Default Re: "The Mystery Ghost Town of Montana"

Originally posted by Ryan Hill

: Hi all!
    : All I know adout Bear Town is that my brother, Bobby Hill-DeToulouse from Billings, Montana has visited Bear Town with his wife, Summer. I wil contact him via telephone (cos he doesn't have e-mail yet!)and i'll try to scav some info from him!

Thread Information