Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official California Ghost Town

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Official California Ghost Town

Originally posted by Coach Bodie

: Is it true? A friend e-mailed me stating he read in a paper that Bodie is now indeed the official California Ghost Town!

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Official California Ghost Town

Originally posted by Cecile

: Just did a search in google for the Official California Ghost Town and came up with an article in today's San Francisco Chronicle. I guess they
    : brought the bill out again and sort of made a compromise. Bodie is the official California gold ghost town and Calico is the official California silver ghost town. Just another bunch of baloney, in my book. Don't our officials have better issues to discuss, than this? As I said before, we should be addressing the issues of keeping the roads and lands open so we can continue to visit all of our favorite ghost towns!

:
    : : Is it true? A friend e-mailed me stating he read in a paper that Bodie is now indeed the official California Ghost Town!

Originally posted by Dezdan

: Maybe the Official California Ghost Town should be the capital building on the weekends??? Ok, maybe not but why the heck do we need an official 'anything' anyway? I can see many other beneficial causes that tax payers hard earned money could go towards to benefit this state. How about more educational programs that helps kids learn more about California's past and its historic places? How about a program that will help educate people about why we need to protect our historic places and structures rather then vandalize them? Or how about a program that will help protect the unprotected ghost towns that are still standing? Or a program staffed by volunteers that routinely checks the status of a ghost towns/historic places and reports vandalism, cleans the site of visitors trash and/or creates an educational 'plaque' or brochure so people can learn about the site and also so those 'bad people' know that the place is being watched. Why not? Instead our money goes to people in Sacramento so they can spend the day arguing what is California's official ghost town...

: Just My 2.67 cents,
    : ~Dezdan

: I wonder if there is any chance this official ghost town business might work in off roaders favor? If more people show an interest in ghost towns, there might be more people out there fighting to keep the roads open to them. Hmm...... Of course if more people become interested in ghost town,s it's going to be harder and harder to enjoy being all alone out there, too....

:
    : : Maybe the Official California Ghost Town should be the capital building on the weekends??? Ok, maybe not but why the heck do we need an official 'anything' anyway? I can see many other beneficial causes that tax payers hard earned money could go towards to benefit this state. How about more educational programs that helps kids learn more about California's past and its historic places? How about a program that will help educate people about why we need to protect our historic places and structures rather then vandalize them? Or how about a program that will help protect the unprotected ghost towns that are still standing? Or a program staffed by volunteers that routinely checks the status of a ghost towns/historic places and reports vandalism, cleans the site of visitors trash and/or creates an educational 'plaque' or brochure so people can learn about the site and also so those 'bad people' know that the place is being watched. Why not? Instead our money goes to people in Sacramento so they can spend the day arguing what is California's official ghost town...

: : Just My 2.67 cents,
    : : ~Dezdan

: If you want to responde to AB1757 regarding official California Ghost Towns - go to http://www.assembly.ca.gov/acsacsframeset2text.htm

:
    : : Is it true? A friend e-mailed me stating he read in a paper that Bodie is now indeed the official California Ghost Town!

: It definitely is kind of foolish...

: So what's next...

: The Official "Copper" Ghost Town

: The Official "Aluminum" Ghost Town

: The Official "Plastic" Ghost Town

: The Official "Ghost" Ghost Town

: Wow...when it's all said and done each ghoat town will have some sort of stamp that make's it official in some unofficial way!!!

: : I wonder if there is any chance this official ghost town business might work in off roaders favor? If more people show an interest in ghost towns, there might be more people out there fighting to keep the roads open to them. Hmm...... Of course if more people become interested in ghost town,s it's going to be harder and harder to enjoy being all alone out there, too....

:
    : :
    : : : Maybe the Official California Ghost Town should be the capital building on the weekends??? Ok, maybe not but why the heck do we need an official 'anything' anyway? I can see many other beneficial causes that tax payers hard earned money could go towards to benefit this state. How about more educational programs that helps kids learn more about California's past and its historic places? How about a program that will help educate people about why we need to protect our historic places and structures rather then vandalize them? Or how about a program that will help protect the unprotected ghost towns that are still standing? Or a program staffed by volunteers that routinely checks the status of a ghost towns/historic places and reports vandalism, cleans the site of visitors trash and/or creates an educational 'plaque' or brochure so people can learn about the site and also so those 'bad people' know that the place is being watched. Why not? Instead our money goes to people in Sacramento so they can spend the day arguing what is California's official ghost town...

: : : Just My 2.67 cents,
    : : : ~Dezdan

:
    : My husband pointed out that the ill has several things wrong - they are actually calling Bodie the official gold rush town. The actual Gold Rush in California happened more than 10 years before Bodie was discovered. They also claimed that W.S. Body founded Bodie. Nope - he was killed in a severe storm during the winter and the town that sprouted up near that area was named in his honor later. The biggest problem to me is that Bodie gets crowded enough on the weekends without having more people drawn to it.

:
    : : It definitely is kind of foolish...

: : So what's next...

: : The Official "Copper" Ghost Town

: : The Official "Aluminum" Ghost Town

: : The Official "Plastic" Ghost Town

: : The Official "Ghost" Ghost Town

: : Wow...when it's all said and done each ghoat town will have some sort of stamp that make's it official in some unofficial way!!!

:
    : : : I wonder if there is any chance this official ghost town business might work in off roaders favor? If more people show an interest in ghost towns, there might be more people out there fighting to keep the roads open to them. Hmm...... Of course if more people become interested in ghost town,s it's going to be harder and harder to enjoy being all alone out there, too....

:
    : : :
    : : : : Maybe the Official California Ghost Town should be the capital building on the weekends??? Ok, maybe not but why the heck do we need an official 'anything' anyway? I can see many other beneficial causes that tax payers hard earned money could go towards to benefit this state. How about more educational programs that helps kids learn more about California's past and its historic places? How about a program that will help educate people about why we need to protect our historic places and structures rather then vandalize them? Or how about a program that will help protect the unprotected ghost towns that are still standing? Or a program staffed by volunteers that routinely checks the status of a ghost towns/historic places and reports vandalism, cleans the site of visitors trash and/or creates an educational 'plaque' or brochure so people can learn about the site and also so those 'bad people' know that the place is being watched. Why not? Instead our money goes to people in Sacramento so they can spend the day arguing what is California's official ghost town...

: : : : Just My 2.67 cents,
    : : : : ~Dezdan

: Well get out our history books and lets prepare to re-write history. It appears then, that we need to re-classify the gold rush if the bill is stating Bodie was a product of the gold rush!

: Now for anyone who can't read through my sarcasm, understand I am joking!!!

: Yes,

: That would be interesting. One for the ages...Bodey founding the town after he was already deceased.

: It really sounds like the bill writers have taken their time to research Bodie...

: Obviously they know very little about it. Just the people we need to weigh in on the fate of Bodie!!!
    : : My husband pointed out that the ill has several things wrong - they are actually calling Bodie the official gold rush town. The actual Gold Rush in California happened more than 10 years before Bodie was discovered. They also claimed that W.S. Body founded Bodie. Nope - he was killed in a severe storm during the winter and the town that sprouted up near that area was named in his honor later. The biggest problem to me is that Bodie gets crowded enough on the weekends without having more people drawn to it.

:
    : : : It definitely is kind of foolish...

: : : So what's next...

: : : The Official "Copper" Ghost Town

: : : The Official "Aluminum" Ghost Town

: : : The Official "Plastic" Ghost Town

: : : The Official "Ghost" Ghost Town

: : : Wow...when it's all said and done each ghoat town will have some sort of stamp that make's it official in some unofficial way!!!

: : : : I wonder if there is any chance this official ghost town business might work in off roaders favor? If more people show an interest in ghost towns, there might be more people out there fighting to keep the roads open to them. Hmm...... Of course if more people become interested in ghost town,s it's going to be harder and harder to enjoy being all alone out there, too....

: : : :
    : : : : : Maybe the Official California Ghost Town should be the capital building on the weekends??? Ok, maybe not but why the heck do we need an official 'anything' anyway? I can see many other beneficial causes that tax payers hard earned money could go towards to benefit this state. How about more educational programs that helps kids learn more about California's past and its historic places? How about a program that will help educate people about why we need to protect our historic places and structures rather then vandalize them? Or how about a program that will help protect the unprotected ghost towns that are still standing? Or a program staffed by volunteers that routinely checks the status of a ghost towns/historic places and reports vandalism, cleans the site of visitors trash and/or creates an educational 'plaque' or brochure so people can learn about the site and also so those 'bad people' know that the place is being watched. Why not? Instead our money goes to people in Sacramento so they can spend the day arguing what is California's official ghost town...

: : : : : Just My 2.67 cents,
    : : : : : ~Dezdan

Originally posted by cecile

: My husband challenged the bill writers on their errors, and he challenged them to come with us to
    : Bodie on our next tour. Wouldn't that be something if they actually did?

:
    : : Well get out our history books and lets prepare to re-write history. It appears then, that we need to re-classify the gold rush if the bill is stating Bodie was a product of the gold rush!

: : Now for anyone who can't read through my sarcasm, understand I am joking!!!

: : Yes,

: : That would be interesting. One for the ages...Bodey founding the town after he was already deceased.

: : It really sounds like the bill writers have taken their time to research Bodie...

: : Obviously they know very little about it. Just the people we need to weigh in on the fate of Bodie!!!
    : : : My husband pointed out that the ill has several things wrong - they are actually calling Bodie the official gold rush town. The actual Gold Rush in California happened more than 10 years before Bodie was discovered. They also claimed that W.S. Body founded Bodie. Nope - he was killed in a severe storm during the winter and the town that sprouted up near that area was named in his honor later. The biggest problem to me is that Bodie gets crowded enough on the weekends without having more people drawn to it.

:
    : : : : It definitely is kind of foolish...

: : : : So what's next...

: : : : The Official "Copper" Ghost Town

: : : : The Official "Aluminum" Ghost Town

: : : : The Official "Plastic" Ghost Town

: : : : The Official "Ghost" Ghost Town

: : : : Wow...when it's all said and done each ghoat town will have some sort of stamp that make's it official in some unofficial way!!!

: : : : : I wonder if there is any chance this official ghost town business might work in off roaders favor? If more people show an interest in ghost towns, there might be more people out there fighting to keep the roads open to them. Hmm...... Of course if more people become interested in ghost town,s it's going to be harder and harder to enjoy being all alone out there, too....

: : : : :
    : : : : : : Maybe the Official California Ghost Town should be the capital building on the weekends??? Ok, maybe not but why the heck do we need an official 'anything' anyway? I can see many other beneficial causes that tax payers hard earned money could go towards to benefit this state. How about more educational programs that helps kids learn more about California's past and its historic places? How about a program that will help educate people about why we need to protect our historic places and structures rather then vandalize them? Or how about a program that will help protect the unprotected ghost towns that are still standing? Or a program staffed by volunteers that routinely checks the status of a ghost towns/historic places and reports vandalism, cleans the site of visitors trash and/or creates an educational 'plaque' or brochure so people can learn about the site and also so those 'bad people' know that the place is being watched. Why not? Instead our money goes to people in Sacramento so they can spend the day arguing what is California's official ghost town...

: : : : : : Just My 2.67 cents,
    : : : : : : ~Dezdan

: Taht would be a dandy!!!

: : My husband challenged the bill writers on their errors, and he challenged them to come with us to
    : : Bodie on our next tour. Wouldn't that be something if they actually did?

:
    : : : Well get out our history books and lets prepare to re-write history. It appears then, that we need to re-classify the gold rush if the bill is stating Bodie was a product of the gold rush!

: : : Now for anyone who can't read through my sarcasm, understand I am joking!!!

: : : Yes,

: : : That would be interesting. One for the ages...Bodey founding the town after he was already deceased.

: : : It really sounds like the bill writers have taken their time to research Bodie...

: : : Obviously they know very little about it. Just the people we need to weigh in on the fate of Bodie!!!
    : : : : My husband pointed out that the ill has several things wrong - they are actually calling Bodie the official gold rush town. The actual Gold Rush in California happened more than 10 years before Bodie was discovered. They also claimed that W.S. Body founded Bodie. Nope - he was killed in a severe storm during the winter and the town that sprouted up near that area was named in his honor later. The biggest problem to me is that Bodie gets crowded enough on the weekends without having more people drawn to it.

: : : : : It definitely is kind of foolish...

: : : : : So what's next...

: : : : : The Official "Copper" Ghost Town

: : : : : The Official "Aluminum" Ghost Town

: : : : : The Official "Plastic" Ghost Town

: : : : : The Official "Ghost" Ghost Town

: : : : : Wow...when it's all said and done each ghoat town will have some sort of stamp that make's it official in some unofficial way!!!

: : : : : : I wonder if there is any chance this official ghost town business might work in off roaders favor? If more people show an interest in ghost towns, there might be more people out there fighting to keep the roads open to them. Hmm...... Of course if more people become interested in ghost town,s it's going to be harder and harder to enjoy being all alone out there, too....

: : : : :
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : Maybe the Official California Ghost Town should be the capital building on the weekends??? Ok, maybe not but why the heck do we need an official 'anything' anyway? I can see many other beneficial causes that tax payers hard earned money could go towards to benefit this state. How about more educational programs that helps kids learn more about California's past and its historic places? How about a program that will help educate people about why we need to protect our historic places and structures rather then vandalize them? Or how about a program that will help protect the unprotected ghost towns that are still standing? Or a program staffed by volunteers that routinely checks the status of a ghost towns/historic places and reports vandalism, cleans the site of visitors trash and/or creates an educational 'plaque' or brochure so people can learn about the site and also so those 'bad people' know that the place is being watched. Why not? Instead our money goes to people in Sacramento so they can spend the day arguing what is California's official ghost town...

: : : : : : : Just My 2.67 cents,
    : : : : : : : ~Dezdan

Thread Information