Thread: Washington, Oregon Ghost town search

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Washington, Oregon Ghost town search

Originally posted by David

: Hello, My brother and I are searching for a ghost town to visit in the Lower Washington, Upper Oregon area. If anyone has any directions, or info of any kind we would love to hear from you thank you. David

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Washington, Oregon Ghost town search

Originally posted by kathy

: David, can't help you about ghost towns. I have
    : spent some time in the Camas, Wa. area. Carson is a
    : unique little place. And I enjoyed the old lodge
    : at Multnomah Falls.

Originally posted by David

: Kathy, Thanks for taking the time to write me back. I am sure those places are wonderful and I can't wait to go check them out. Thanks again. David

Originally posted by Stephen-Ghost town Photographer

: : Hello, My brother and I are searching for a ghost town to visit in the Lower Washington, Upper Oregon area. If anyone has any directions, or info of any kind we would love to hear from you thank you. David

:
    : N.Eastern Oregon has some interesting sites to explore... Granite, Greenhorn, Sumpter, Whitney, Bourne to name a few. Most of them are listed on this site with somewhat accurate info and descirptions. e-mail me for more info if you plan to visit our area. Stephen

Originally posted by Steph

: I'm not sure if this will fit in your locale, but the is also Opal Creek, about 30 miles east of Salem. It's an old mining town which has now been preserved.

: Many of the original homes, including the bachelor's cabin, smelting facility, and parts of the battleship Oregon (whose boiler was sent to the miners after decommision) can still be viewed here.

: Beware, though! As it is below the mountains, best time to travel there is spring or summer, plus you can only drive up to about three miles outside the town ...the rest is hoofing it. But you can view a lot of the mines (blocked off from further exploration) and various apparatus left by the miners.

: You can still find samples of iron ore, copper, pyrite, and many, many samples of quartz should you be a rock hound.

: : Hello, My brother and I are searching for a ghost town to visit in the Lower Washington, Upper Oregon area. If anyone has any directions, or info of any kind we would love to hear from you thank you. David

Thread Information