Thread: newspaper story

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default newspaper story

Originally posted by Shel

: I'd like to write a story for our local newspaper in Idaho Falls on visiting ghost towns. I'd like to use Chesterfield and Bonanza and Custer for the story, but was wondering if folks would think it appropriate to use a ghost town that has some evidence of a former town but isn't actually restored.
    : I would also like to talk to a few people in our area about their experiences in finding and visiting ghost towns, so I can give an accurate idea to readers of what the frustrations and rewards are likely to be. Any ideas? Is there a way to contact the people who have contributed photos of the different towns? -- that would be a great place to start.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: newspaper story

Originally posted by Dezdan

: Well no one else is speaking up, so I guess I will take a stab at it. Myself, I think it is 100% appropriate to use a ghost town with little remaining. A ghost town does not have to be a fully rebuild/restored place. Most ghost towns I know have very little remaining and mostly consist of piles of wood, rock, metal and other debris scattered about. Often times I find these types of places far more interesting and intriguing then a still inhabited town, as it add charter and also it gives you a chance to flex you mind and imagine what something would have looked like, and what would have been here.

: Thanks about as much as I think I can help you, you might want to contact the webmaster and ask about being able to contact the various people who have submitted photos for the ghost towns you mentioned.

: ~Dezdan

Default Re: newspaper story

Originally posted by bad bob

: : I'd like to write a story for our local newspaper in Idaho Falls on visiting ghost towns. I'd like to use Chesterfield and Bonanza and Custer for the story, but was wondering if folks would think it appropriate to use a ghost town that has some evidence of a former town but isn't actually restored.
    : : I would also like to talk to a few people in our area about their experiences in finding and visiting ghost towns, so I can give an accurate idea to readers of what the frustrations and rewards are likely to be. Any ideas? Is there a way to contact the people who have contributed photos of the different towns? -- that would be a great place to start.

: One person to contact is David Wright. His last post is about 1/2 way down this board, under the title "good places to eat in Nevada." He is a published author, has submitted quadrillions of gt pics, and always leaves his email address in his posts. Tell him bad bob sent you.
    : bb.

Thread Information