Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apacheland

The series Death Valley Days was also filmed there.

I know we've got a number of pics that we took there over the years. I should dig them out....

dear cristina apacheland did have a bad fire along time ago,it has been closed down for many many years, i grew up in apache junction in the 60's and when i went to apache junction high school i was in drama class the teachers name was eddie ruhoe we (the drama class) had a assignment to create a film we filmed it at apacheland being i was the shortest person i played a bartender ,i was suppose to stop these guys from fighting they were suppose to be acused in cheating at a card game then they were suppose to throw me out of the swinging doors and i was to do a flip around the horse hitching post during rehersal all went ok but during the filming the horse hiting rail broke and then the guy draged me down main street to a fake well and droped me in not knowing there was a nail protruding out and it jabed into my back and had to have a tetunus shot due to it was rusted, but no none of the buildings are on the lot no more the church has been moved and so has the barn , the movie studio has been long torn down , and i was growing up out there when charo was filmed at apacheland those were the good ole days ,the days when there were many jobs to be had and the goverment did not tell you that you had to have a back ground check to own a firearm ,and that you must be insured people were able to sleep better there were no gangs if there was they used thier fist not weapons ,there was not many things to do in apache junction other than to go to a drivein theater or to cayon lake ar to rosevelt lake or saugaro lake, or the old goldfield pond which now is closed and drained,or hike the superstitions or go to elviras mexican food which is still around there alot of places have closed like henrys it was like a dairy queen or los vasqueros which is closed oh we also use to sneak into the superstition inn swiming pool because it was the only regular pool out there available unless our parents took us to falcon field pool or rendevous park in mesa which had a high dive but sadly time change and older folks decided to vote and close these places then there were noplace for a youg teenager to go and aj has grown and changed goldfield became a tourist trap the mine they take people in is not the original mine bluebird mine is closed ,mining camp reastraunt is still there but not cheap but it has good bq ribs elviras is cheap and fantastic the best i ever had in my 54 years of life go check it out and enjoy arizona

Thread Information