Thread: Delores Steele

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Delores Steele

Originally posted by lenore

: Just want to thank you for a wonderful trip back thru the making of this country. great work.
    : thanks, lenore

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Delores Steele

Originally posted by Dolores Steele

: : Just want to thank you for a wonderful trip back thru the making of this country. great work.
    : : thanks, lenore

:
    : Thank you. I have loved every minute spent,trying to find the places and then wondering through these wonderful old towns. I'm happy to be able to share my pictures with everyone.

Originally posted by johnnie

: : Just want to thank you for a wonderful trip back thru the making of this country. great work.
    : : thanks, lenore.

:
    : "From the desk of Johnnie & family"
    :
    : Researcher & collector of the old west
    :
    : I too want to you thank you Delores Steele for your contribution in your decation to preserving on film these very fast dissapppering "Teasures" of the American West.

: And we want to thank all of you photographers that have taking time to capture that right image of all these photos that we all share on this web-site.

: All the photos ever taking thoughout histoy of any subject should be considered a treasure to "someone" because it is a image that is (frozen) in time.

: Just like the famouse photographer Mathew, Brady,and his images of the civil war and so many others that took up the profession of this early discovery and birth of photography that started in 1839 by Louis Jacques Mande' Daguerre, a citzen of France,

: There has been so many other early photographers through out history that deserve credit also, but the list is to vast to name them all here, but the most famouse that pertain to the old west is W. H. Jackson out of Denver,Colorado, that captured a lot of images of western scenary and old mining towns as Dolores Steele and many others have, on this web-site.
    :
    : As a researcher and collector of old photographs we all should appreciate what these photgraphers have gave us and continue to give us, some of these photographs should be considered "Rembrants" of time past.

: I also want to give credit to Ewin Bear, out prescott and C. S Fly, out of Tompstone Ariz Terr. for there great images of the old west the way it use to be, and the more resent phographers The Famouse photographer here in Pomona California that captured a lot of mining towns in california starting in the teens when these towns were still intact, and then later Lambert Forin. took some great images of old mining towns all ovr the United Stated, I myself have captured images of some of these old ghost towns in the late 1950s and sixtys, and wish that i had takeing more, because when I look at some of the old photgraphs that I have collected over the years of these famouse photographers and I'am so thankfull that they were not lost or thrown away and forgotted. so thanks to all of you photographers for saving this part of american history for the rest of us.

: I want to also thank the ghosttown.com staff for giving us this great web-site that we all share.
    :
    : Johnnie & Family

Originally posted by Cheryl

: I enjoyed the information and pictures that you put on net for Rough & Ready. I always look at info for Rough & Ready because I live there and love it so much! I am sure that while you were here you also enjoyed visiting Grass Valley and Nevada City which brings me to this. I hesitate to bring this up because I wouldn't want to hurt your feelings because I applaud your efforts but Rough & Ready doesn't have a church. The church picture is one that is in Nevada City. Sorry.

Thread Information