Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Existing stamp mills

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Existing stamp mills

Originally posted by Bill Lytle

: Hi
    : Does anyone know of any remaining stamp mills in Arizona? The tourist site of Goldfield has mill machinery but I would like to see the surrounding building structure, insides and such. Are there any in other states? I know of Bodie but I'm told it's off imits because of unstable structure.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Existing stamp mills

Originally posted by highgrade gary

: : there are pretty good mill remains in Idaho Springs Colorado only about an hour west of Denver on I-70. There are self guided tours available. It's still in pretty good shape, but not as old as some. Some areas around Leadville Colorado have substantial remains of milling operations.

Originally posted by Jerry Bowen

: : Hi
    : : Does anyone know of any remaining stamp mills in Arizona? The tourist site of Goldfield has mill machinery but I would like to see the surrounding building structure, insides and such. Are there any in other states? I know of Bodie but I'm told it's off imits because of unstable structure.

Originally posted by Jerry Bowen

: : Does anyone know of any remaining stamp mills in Arizona? The tourist site of Goldfield has mill machinery but I would like to see the surrounding building structure, insides and such. Are there any in other states? I know of Bodie but I'm told it's off imits because of unstable structure.

: Check out Goff's, California on old Route 66 about 8 miles from Needles. The Mohave Road Association is currently rebuilding a ten-stamp mill and will eventually put it into a demo-operation complete with all buildings. Anyone interested in old mills can get in on the ground floor and volunteer to help reconstruct it. There's no better way than that to learn about them.

Originally posted by David A. Wright

: REPLY
    : Check out Skidoo, CA. The Skidoo Mines Co. mill is still standing without its protective shell, but machinery in fine shape.

: Bodie's Standard Mill has regular tours in the summer.

: Check out the Buena Vista, NV page. Todd should have my photos of that stamp mill up anytime now.

: There is a 2-stamp mill on display at Laws, CA railroad museum.

Originally posted by The Mill at Crown King

: : : Hi

: : : Does anyone know of any remaining stamp mills in Arizona? The tourist site of Goldfield has mill machinery but I would like to see the surrounding building structure, insides and such. Are there any in other states? I know of Bodie but I'm told it's off imits because of unstable structure.

: : REPLY

: : Check out Skidoo, CA. The Skidoo Mines Co. mill is still standing without its protective shell, but machinery in fine shape.

: : Bodie's Standard Mill has regular tours in the summer.

: : Check out the Buena Vista, NV page. Todd should have my photos of that stamp mill up anytime now.

: : There is a 2-stamp mill on display at Laws, CA railroad museum.

Default Re: Design of a 1450 3 or5 stamp mill. Can anyone help please?

Originally posted by Christina

: : : : Hi

: : : : Does anyone know of any remaining stamp mills in Arizona? The tourist site of Goldfield has mill machinery but I would like to see the surrounding building structure, insides and such. Are there any in other states? I know of Bodie but I'm told it's off imits because of unstable structure.

: : : REPLY

: : : Check out Skidoo, CA. The Skidoo Mines Co. mill is still standing without its protective shell, but machinery in fine shape.

: : : Bodie's Standard Mill has regular tours in the summer.

: : : Check out the Buena Vista, NV page. Todd should have my photos of that stamp mill up anytime now.

: : : There is a 2-stamp mill on display at Laws, CA railroad museum.

Originally posted by bill bowen

: : : Hi

: : : Does anyone know of any remaining stamp mills has mill machinery but I would like to see the surrounding building structure, insides and such. Are there any in other states? I know of Bodie but I'm told iin Arizona? The tourist site of Goldfield t's off imits because of unstable structure.

: : Check out Goff's, California on old Route 66 about 8 miles from Needles. The Mohave Road Association is currently rebuilding a ten-stamp mill and will eventually put it into a demo-operation complete with all buildings. Anyone interested in old mills can get in on the ground floor and volunteer to help reconstruct it. There's no better way than that to learn about them.

: recently during a logging job, i found a 2 head stamp mill.probabbly in disuse since before ww 2.

: i have yet to recover it, for it will involve approx. 2 days of rigging. is there a market for this??

: thankyou, bill bowen

: placerville ca.

: {530} 644-2637

: : recently during a logging job, i found a 2 head stamp mill.probabbly in disuse since before ww 2.

: : i have yet to recover it, for it will involve approx. 2 days of rigging. is there a market for this??

: : thankyou, bill bowen

: : placerville ca.

: : {530} 644-2637

Thread Information