Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Little Long Rapids

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Little Long Rapids

Originally posted by Jim Church

: Hi, I would like to hear from anyone who used to live in Little Long Rapids Ontario Canada. The only way to get there was by rail from Kapuskasing Ontario, it was secluded and was a complete temporary town as three dams were built for hydro electric power. It had a bank, theatre, bowling alley, theatre, pool room, etc. It was a very important part of a few years in my life. Jim

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Little Long Rapids

Originally posted by Sarah

: Hello

: This comment is for Jim but could be for anyone else who lived in Little Long. My fathers family lived in little long for a time on and off. Not sure when probably the 60's. His father worked for hydro and for a time he did as well. They lived there for a time and then came back to St.Joseph Quebec and the went back and finally came back to live.
    : I am trying to trace my family tree and all these things I find out along the way are of interest.

Originally posted by J. Hanniman

: Jim;

: You forgot to mention the 2 schools, train station, hospital, men and women's residences and the church (which did burn down). Our family was there approximately for 5 years.

Originally posted by MIchel Frechette

: Hi, I was born in Kapuskasing in 1964 and spent the first 2 years of my life in Little Long Rapids. My father Louis was involved in fire protection there. In 1986 I spent the summer working for Ontario Hydro and traveled back to where the town once stood. I don't remember much about the place but my parents have some pictures. Have you had much response to this posting and how old were you in 1964?
    : Sincerely,
    : Michel Frechette

Originally posted by Roland Geib

:
    : Hi, I worked in Little Long Rapids for Boyles Bros. Diamond Drilling, I believe it was 1964. I worked there for about 1 year.
    : If anyone knows Linda Gillis,who also lived in Little Long,please let me know.
    : Take care,
    : Roland

[quote=Ghosttowns.com;6688]Originally posted by Roland Geib

:
    : Hi, I worked in Little Long Rapids for Boyles Bros. Diamond Drilling, I believe it was 1964. I worked there for about 1 year.
    : If anyone knows Linda Gillis,who also lived in Little Long,please let me know.
    : Take care,
    : Roland[/q

Are you looking for Linda McGills?

Hi... I talked to Linda McGills who lived in Little Long. She thinls she remembers you. If she is the person you are looking for let me know.. Barbara Abel

Default Cheryl Skelly Subject

Hi all....some familiar names on this post from Kap/Little Long days. I lived in Kap from 1958 until mid-1964 while my father Vince Skelly was a carpenter at Little Long. We left Kap in 64 when Dad was transferred to Renfrew, Ont. We lived in Kap (actually Mitchell's Corners) and Dad came home by train on the weekends. I spent many a visit in at Little Long though. Have reconnected with alot of old friends from Little Long at recent reunions in Ottawa Valley but would also like to reconnect with old friends who lived in Kap. Lots of memories to share.

Heh. I lived in Little Long 1960-66. Grade 1-6. Dad was a surveyor for Hydro. Still got horse fly scars. Lots of real fond memories. Hydro Xmas parties, tobogganing down the dike, fishing in the river bed (pike,pike and more pike) outdoor rinks with lights.......Dave T

Thread Information