Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Little Long Rapids

Default Fishing in the river after school

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    Heh. I lived in Little Long 1960-66. Grade 1-6. Dad was a surveyor for Hydro. Still got horse fly scars. Lots of real fond memories. Hydro Xmas parties, tobogganing down the dike, fishing in the river bed (pike,pike and more pike) outdoor rinks with lights.......Dave T
    Fishing in the river after school , hiking to the 3 ponds to catch" suckers" in the spring, anyone remember that??

Default Otter Rapids, Little Long Rapids

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    Hi... I talked to Linda McGills who lived in Little Long. She thinls she remembers you. If she is the person you are looking for let me know.. Barbara Abel
    Anyone out there live at both, I know Linda Gillis, Collen Stewart.Gerda Dykstra
    We lived first at Otter Rapids, then Little Long rapids,went thru public school at both , also spent earlier times a Silver Falls Hydro colony , anyone out there from all 3 as well??Anyone been to any of the colony sites in the past couple of years I want to make the trek.
    Mike H.

Anyone out there live at both, I know Linda Gillis, Collen Stewart.Gerda Dykstra
    We lived first at Otter Rapids, then Little Long rapids,went thru public school at both , also spent earlier times a Silver Falls Hydro colony , anyone out there from all 3 as well??Anyone been to any of the colony sites in the past couple of years I want to make the trek.
    Mike H.

Hi Barb, Jim & Dave-
    Remember you well. Reunion in 85' too. Say Hi to Linda.

Wayne Messecar

Hey Wayne Messecar.How are doing. See you are living in the big village of Brussels. I'm living in Cambridge and believe me ,I wish I'd still be in LLR..I remember the reunion in '85 very well . I was the DJ that night . Hope you and everyone else enjoyed it .Why are there not more people from LLR on this site?

Hi Barb....Haven't seen you since the 1995 reunion in Barrie Ontario.........

Hi Jim,
    What ever happened to Bob H, Dave H, Guido H, Michael H..............what about Reg?

I see many names here that I remember from Little Long. Our family spent ~6 years there, and the name still brings back strong memories: for example, anyone remember Shorty Julian and the fogging machine? Going back to LLR for a visit is one of those "someday" trips that I would love to make, but it would be a long way to go to just look at what is likely overgrown scrub land now.

Don McInnes

Hi

Does anyone remember the Hunter family?
    Stan, Sheila, and their kids Wendy, Hughie, Ann, and Lynn lived in little long (not sure of the dates)

Ann is my mother and has mentioned her time in Little Long frequently. It interested me and I was curious to see if a forum like this existed. Reading the posts above, i recognize the name Gerda Dykstra and I am sure my family will recognize others. I would love to hear from anyone that knew my family members, and will be happy to have them join the forum to catch up.

Alan

Hi Jim,
    Our family lived in LLR.......great memories! My father worked for Ontario Hydro and we moved there from Red Rock Falls and after LLR we were transfered to Sarnia and finally Kingston, Ontario.
    I have recently been in touch with a few of the LLR gang as there is now a Facebook page "Ontario Hydro Construction Brats". Its been fun reliving our experiences and seeing some old pictures of our times "in the bush". When you try and tell people about our lives and how we lived I think its hard for them to comprehend but I wouldn't change any part of it - we knew how to have fun. Do you remember "Teen Town"? The 45's and dancing the Friday nights away. The train rides to Kap were always interesting. I haven't been back since we left but have found it on Google Earth.
    Great to see the messages from everyone. I think we need another reunion! The last one that I went to was in 1990.
    Faye

Thread Information