Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: to the lady who wrote about Orr,oklahoma

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default to the lady who wrote about Orr,oklahoma

Originally posted by kris gregg

: To the lady who wrote about orr, you have your stuff wrong the town of Orr is is Love county and in Carter but most people usually consider it in Love. I was born and brought up there and now i am in Ringling,but my mother and step father have lived there there whole lives. And what you called the remains of a bank yes is true but there is also an old school it now even has a plack they put in front of it. There is also less than 100 people that live there. Thank you for your time.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: to the lady who wrote about Orr,oklahoma

Originally posted by Shelley Brinton

: Is there a cemetery in Orr? I am trying to followup on some leads for geneology work. I am trying to locate burial site for Jule Tupin, my great-great grandfather. He had a son named Jess Tupin. We do not know the name of Jess' mother. I think Jule may have lived in Orr, but I am not sure. Can anyone help me out? Shelley

Default To Shelly about Orr, Ok's cemetary

Originally posted by R. Edwards

: Shelly,

: I'm not the one who originally wrote about Orr. But my dad grew up there and I can tell you that there is a cemetary there. My grandparents are buried there. There is also a cemetary a few miles up the road from Orr called Crow Cemetary. A lot of people refer to that whole area as Orr. So you might take a look at both of them. They are within a short drive of each other.
    : R. Edwards

Default Re: To Shelly about Orr, Ok's cemetary

Originally posted by lori claxton

: : Shelly,

: i live not far from the orr cemetary. if you would like i can see what i can find out for you. my family also came from orr.

Default Re: To Shelly about Orr, Ok's cemetary

Originally posted by lori claxton

: : : Shelly,

: : i live not far from the orr cemetary. if you would like i can see what i can find out for you. my family also came from orr.
    : lori

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttowns.com
    Originally posted by R. Edwards

: Shelly,

: I'm not the one who originally wrote about Orr. But my dad grew up there and I can tell you that there is a cemetary there. My grandparents are buried there. There is also a cemetary a few miles up the road from Orr called Crow Cemetary. A lot of people refer to that whole area as Orr. So you might take a look at both of them. They are within a short drive of each other.
    : R. Edwards
    :Hello; I am a newby. I have a GrandMother buried somewhere in Ok in 1914( 1914 ). I have been told the cem. was called Wilson Crow or Wilson Creek in Carter County. I just this past weekend located (with some nice folks in Ardmore Ok. the Crow Cem. in Love County.
    My GrandMother's name was Nancy S. Dobbins, and her Daughter Ava Lee Dobbins may be buried in your Crow Cem.
    Is there anyone that has a list of folks buried there? If no list what would be the best route to get there from Fort Worth. I will come up some warm day if I can get good directions.
    Thanks for any help
    Jodie

5/23/04 I lived in Orr, OK when I was about six years old. Also lived in Cornish (?) where I started school and later in Wilson where I had been born. My grandmother and grandfather as well as an uncle and aunt and a bunch of cousins also lived near there. I am 70 now and have lived in Idaho for many years.

I remember the big mullberry tree in the town square near the store, the blacksmith shop and the school across the square from us. I remember the square as just being a grassy field with the tree in it but that was a very long time ago.
    Would be glad to correspond with anyone interested.

AWB

Default Orr Town

Hi,
    I'm also a newbie here and would be interested in finding out about the Orr's that lived in this area. My Orr family left Indiana in the 1860's and went out west...where we lost them.
    If anyone has any cemetery info (burials listed), photos or any info..I would greatly appreciate it!
    Thanks!
    Mark Orr
    mpcc@insightbb.com

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Have you already tried tracing via genealogy? It's can be a lengthy process, but usually produces a wealth of info.

Hi Bob...yes..I've done a lot of research about the Orr's in Indiana....but when it comes to my great great grandmother...we are lost.
    Emma Orr (1856-1930) was an indentured servant from another country (thought to be England or Ireland). I know all about her children...but not her siblings or parents.
    I think they all moved west and Emma stayed here in Indiana.
    It's a mystery.

Thread Information