Thread: Anyone Know Anything About Silver Queen (Mojave)?

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Anyone Know Anything About Silver Queen (Mojave)?

Originally posted by Steve O

: This site has an information page about the ghost toen of Silver Queen, just South of Mojave, CA, but it is sketchy. The topo map shows lots of mines and interesting looking sites there.

: Does anyone know anything about whether it is ok to go up there and look around? Thanks in advance.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Anyone Know Anything About Silver Queen (Mojave)?

Originally posted by Cecile

: Steve, I just received the minutes from the Friends of Jawbone meeting, as I am one of the Friends, but can't get to the meetings, unfortunately. There is a brief mention that the Silver Queen may open up again, but no details. You can check www.jawbone.org and I believe they have a copy of the minutes available to view as a pdf file.

: : This site has an information page about the ghost toen of Silver Queen, just South of Mojave, CA, but it is sketchy. The topo map shows lots of mines and interesting looking sites there.

: : Does anyone know anything about whether it is ok to go up there and look around? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Steve O

: : Steve, I just received the minutes from the Friends of Jawbone meeting, as I am one of the Friends, but can't get to the meetings, unfortunately. There is a brief mention that the Silver Queen may open up again, but no details. You can check www.jawbone.org and I believe they have a copy of the minutes available to view as a pdf file.

: : : This site has an information page about the ghost toen of Silver Queen, just South of Mojave, CA, but it is sketchy. The topo map shows lots of mines and interesting looking sites there.

: : : Does anyone know anything about whether it is ok to go up there and look around? Thanks in advance.

: Hi Cecile, thanks for the information. I went to the area today to explore and take pictures. The Silver Queen, Cactus Queen, and others are among many Gold and Silver mines in the Soledad Mountain area just s/w of Mojave. Many mine dumps are visible on the side of the mountain within a mile of the paved road that goes around the mountain. I saw a dirt road going up to one of the mine dumps, so I drove in a few feet and walked the rest of the way to take pictures. I looked all around for indications of private property; nothing posted, so I figured it was BLM land. Traffic on the road is very light, but the very first vehicle that passed slowed way down (I could easily be seen from the road as it is desert) then speeded up. A couple more vehicles passed, then one stopped, drove in where my truck was parked, slowly drove out, stopped across the road for about 10 minutes, then left. By now it was obvious that there was a problem. So I walked down back to my truck. As I neared it, a small vehicle drove up to where my truck was parked. I was informed that the property was indeed private and had best be moving along. So apparently that entire area is private and off limits.

Originally posted by janice

: : : Steve, I just received the minutes from the Friends of Jawbone meeting, as I am one of the Friends, but can't get to the meetings, unfortunately. There is a brief mention that the Silver Queen may open up again, but no details. You can check www.jawbone.org and I believe they have a copy of the minutes available to view as a pdf file.

: : : : This site has an information page about the ghost toen of Silver Queen, just South of Mojave, CA, but it is sketchy. The topo map shows lots of mines and interesting looking sites there.

: : : : Does anyone know anything about whether it is ok to go up there and look around? Thanks in advance.

: : Hi Cecile, thanks for the information. I went to the area today to explore and take pictures. The Silver Queen, Cactus Queen, and others are among many Gold and Silver mines in the Soledad Mountain area just s/w of Mojave. Many mine dumps are visible on the side of the mountain within a mile of the paved road that goes around the mountain. I saw a dirt road going up to one of the mine dumps, so I drove in a few feet and walked the rest of the way to take pictures. I looked all around for indications of private property; nothing posted, so I figured it was BLM land. Traffic on the road is very light, but the very first vehicle that passed slowed way down (I could easily be seen from the road as it is desert) then speeded up. A couple more vehicles passed, then one stopped, drove in where my truck was parked, slowly drove out, stopped across the road for about 10 minutes, then left. By now it was obvious that there was a problem. So I walked down back to my truck. As I neared it, a small vehicle drove up to where my truck was parked. I was informed that the property was indeed private and had best be moving along. So apparently that entire area is private and off limits.

Thread Information