Thread: aircraft gravyeard and ghosttowns in Tucson AZ area?

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default aircraft gravyeard and ghosttowns in Tucson AZ area?

Originally posted by Espen Gees

: Hi! I'm comming to Tucson in April 03. I understand that there is a great aircraft graveyard in Tucson. Does anybody know if acssess here is restricted in any form? I'm a photographer by profession,and would love to "roam free" in there. Perhaps in the evenings when the light can be great. I read at one web site that you have to book guided tours to the site, is this a fact?
    : Also any info on ghosttowns, old gas stations etc. in the greater Tuscon or surrounding area will be very welcome! Thanks , Espen

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: aircraft gravyeard and ghosttowns in Tucson AZ area?

Originally posted by Tom

: The nearest ghost towns here in Tucson are Helveitia near Sahuarita, Sasco west of Red Rock and Alto to the south on the other side of the Santa Rita Mtns. In this same area is Salero, but I'm not sure as to it's accessability.

: As far as I know admission to the plane graveyard known as the boneyard is not generally granted. Just this past week I heard about someone who was taking photos just outside and he was surrounded by security police. All this in light of recent events.

Default Re: aircraft gravyeard and ghosttowns in Tucson AZ area?

Originally posted by Robert Morgan

: : Hi! I'm comming to Tucson in April 03. I understand that there is a great aircraft graveyard in Tucson. Does anybody know if acssess here is restricted in any form? I'm a photographer by profession,and would love to "roam free" in there. Perhaps in the evenings when the light can be great. I read at one web site that you have to book guided tours to the site, is this a fact?
    : : Also any info on ghosttowns, old gas stations etc. in the greater Tuscon or surrounding area will be very welcome! Thanks , Espen

Default aircraft gravyeard and ghosttowns in Tucson AZ area?

Hey
    i don't know about what is a solution for your problem. But my aim is i want be a big aironotical engineer than i wil be shutout your problem.......

Tucson AZ Locksmith

Quote Originally Posted by axel05key View Post
    Hey
    i don't know about what is a solution for your problem. But my aim is i want be a big aironotical engineer than i wil be shutout your problem.......

Tucson AZ Locksmith

Not sure what that was about. Well since this necro-thread was dug up from 2003 I might as well give an update on this. If you are visiting Tucson the best bet for a ghost town is still Tombstone. Although you have some nice alternates in Bisbee and Gleeson if you feel like driving a little bit further. Sasco and Silverbell...well there isn't much left of either one and the Ironwood Forest National Monument is getting really dangerous with drug runners coming across the border these days. The "Boneyard" or Pinal Airpark as it is officially known is not generally open to the public. However the Pima Air and Space Museum next to Davis-Mothman AFB is open. For the money its a better air museum because it is a almost exclusively military, government and NASA equipment on display. They even have an SR-71 Black Bird on display in the first hanger, its really something to see.

Thread Information