Thread: Wickahoney Stage Station-Owyhee Co. Idaho

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Wickahoney Stage Station-Owyhee Co. Idaho

Originally posted by Andrew P

: Does anyone know any info about the Wickahoney Stage coach station in Owyhee County, Idaho? I have a picture from a maqazine that was taken in 1992. I was wondering if it was still standing and any other site or information about it.
    : Thanks for any help you coulg give me...can't wait to ghost town more now that the weathers nice.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Wickahoney Stage Station-Owyhee Co. Idaho

Originally posted by Ryan J. Hill

: All that remains standing today, are a few walls (quite low to the earth), the base foundations and scattered rubble around the area. Try a search engine, you may be able to find modern photos of the station.

Default Re: Wickahoney Stage Station-Owyhee Co. Idaho

Originally posted by Bill Eastlake

: I know exactly how to get there. It's about 10 miles of dirt road off a paved state highway and only the last few miles has some ruts. I've driven a VW bus into it. There's a beautiful spring just behind it, with a small reservoir and stream. There are usually wild horses in the vicinity. I looks like the picture someone sent, but the horno (beehive oven) out back still looks usable.

I know this is a old post. The history of Wickahoney is well discribed here as well as some cool pictures.

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1539306
    George
    Boise, ID

id be curious to make the venture up there. trying to get a bead on its location

actually, after tooling around google maps, i realized ive driven past the turn off dozens of times! might go take a peak some time. Is the road through the creek / ravine passable with car?

Thread Information