Thread: Disappearance: Weaver, NV - Every ghosttowner's dream!

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Disappearance: Weaver, NV - Every ghosttowner's dream!

Originally posted by Bonneville Mariner

: Did anybody watch "Disappearance," the TBS Superstation movie last night? Ok, it was a horrible movie with even worse acting. But did you see the set of that movie? Synopsis: A family on vacation in NV decides to humor its ghostthown-loving son by granting his request to make a side-trip to an old ghost town on their way to their hotel. Although the ghost town, Weaver, is clearly on the old map, none of the locals seem to know anything about it. In fact, all they offer are stern warnings to "Stay on the paved road." The warnings serve only to peak the curiosity of the family, and they steer their huge white Ford Expedition westward, and drive until they reach the town of Weaver. And man, what a town it is! Strangely their vehicle breaks down and they find a camcorder that reveals the last moments of a woman's life. Their spooky adventure finds them trapped in a mine shaft and horrified in the old town cemetery, trying to figure out who is watching them, and why nobody knows anything about this little town...

: The town is intact-- completely intact. Obviously built some time in the 1800's, the town seems to have lasted until 1948, as there are old rusty cars parked outside of the buildings on Main Street, and newspapers with that date open on tables. Yet this town seems to be completely abandoned by its residents, who left absolutely everything in its place - clothes in closets, bottles on the bar, sheets on the beds, dishes on the table. The town has the traditional main street, with saloon, hotel, bank, and general store. Yeah, I know the town is really a movie set built in Austrailia of all places, but am I right in stating that this little gem is every ghosttowners dream? I mean, who wouldn't want to stumble onto such a pristine site-- completely intact and free of vandalism? Oh, that something like this actually existed!

: Anyway, the movie, though written horribly, had a great plot and a captivating storyline. And whoever built that set should be given an academy award!

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Disappearance: Weaver, NV - Every ghosttowner's dream!

Originally posted by cecile

: Missed seeing this movie this weekend but it is onagain on Wednesday April 24th, 5:00pm & 7:00pm, PST.

Originally posted by Mike Cloud

: I saw it. The only reason I suffered through it was because of the ghost town.(When chased by supernatural bad guys why do the main characters always go their own ways?) Yes, it would be amazing to find a place like that. The reason it was so prestine was that real "ghosts" know how to deal with vandels. Nice to see the L.A. Law stars find a new home.

Originally posted by Jennifer

: Have you ever seen the town "Buckskin Joe" in Canon City Colorado? If you ever have the chance, DO IT!! its beautiful and it is just what you are talking about...........its a museum!
    : Trust me you'll love it!

Don't look for this Nevada GT. The whole movie was made in Australia.

Thread Information