Thread: Spittoon

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Spittoon

Originally posted by Jerry Woods

: We have had a Goldfield Hotel Spittoon for several years handed down from a friends mother. I know of at least 20 years with us.Does anyone know what it might be worth as we are moving.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Spittoon

Originally posted by Yet Another Bob

: Not as much as your hoping as I really doubt it is actually from the Goldfield Hotel. There was this shop in Reno when I was a kid that took original brass pieces and dupilcated them and sold the dupilcates. These were quality copies but that's all. Several items from Goldfield were made including bedwarmers and spittoons from the Goldfield Hotel and a couple of different Brothel tokens. You see these copies sold on eBay all the time, and seldom advertised as duplicates but they are. The Adobe Concert Hall Brothel Tokens go for a dollar a two, the Spittoons and bedwarmers go for $30/$50 dollars and once in a awhile two fools get to bidding and one fool and his money are parted for much more. I can't remember much about the shop but I seem to think it was near the V&T line as in my mind I associate it with watching trains . Going to Reno / Carson City was a yearly adventure to visit my Aunt in Washoe Valley as I grew up in this little cow county (Clark) to the south!

: We have had a Goldfield Hotel Spittoon for several years handed down from a friends mother. I know of at least 20 years with us.Does anyone know what it might be worth as we are moving.

Default Spitton

How would a person go about finding how old it is and if it is original?

Thread Information