Thread: Silver city Idaho

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Silver city Idaho

Originally posted by Keith

: I seeking information on the ghost town of silver city Idaho. I have read that this is one of Idaho's best ghost towns and is well worth the trip to take. Can you access it with a car or van?

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Silver city Idaho

Originally posted by Bill in Idaho

: : I seeking information on the ghost town of silver city Idaho. I have read that this is one of Idaho's best ghost towns and is well worth the trip to take. Can you access it with a car or van?

: The best access for a car is from Jordan Valley, Oregon. In the late summer car access from Murphy, Idaho is possible, but it can be pretty rough. The road over the top of the Owyhee Mountains from Murphy is the most scenic and much shorter, but will probably be closed with snow until June, sometimes July.

Originally posted by Rachel

: The road up to Silver City is accessible by car or van during the summer only. I went up there last summer with my sister in her old Ford Aerostar minivan; it was an easy trip and drfinitely well-worth it. A note; make a donation to the Idaho Hotel and they'll let you see the parlor. They also have open houses there every September (the weekend after Labor Day) where they open up houses not normally open to the public, and you can stay the night in the historic Idaho Hotel as well.
    : Rachel in Utah

: : I seeking information on the ghost town of silver city Idaho. I have read that this is one of Idaho's best ghost towns and is well worth the trip to take. Can you access it with a car or van?

Default Re: Silver city Idaho...Road Update

Originally posted by Howard

: I talked to a friend who is the Deputy Sheriff for the area and the roads are still quite muddy at this time and they have had numerous problems with people getting stuck. There are areas that when wet have no bottom to them and unfortunately the rains have been enough to keep the bogs wet. He suggests that you call the Sheriff's office (208)495-1154 to inquire about road conditions until mid-summer. If you get stuck the Sheriff's office cannot pull you out, only call for a tow truck. Take your cell phone and GPS as they work in most places. The best road in the summer is from Murphy and you can make it with a high-clearance 2wd. From Jordan Valley, the last seven miles from Delamar to Silver City is very rough and follows the old creekbed. It too has a lot of mud in places, and at present takes over an hour with a 3/4 Ton 4wd. I've made it during the summer with a 2wd, but it is rough going. Conclusion is to inquire locally and wait for things to dry out. Usual dates are mid June, first of July

Originally posted by Carmie Wolff

:
    : We just returned from a wonderful trip to Silver City Idaho. We approached it from Jordan Valley, Oregon, where we stayed in the sunnyridge Camp groundd. There are also two nice motels in JV. the road to Silver City is well graveled and solid dirt road in spots. The sight on the way were awesome views of the past as well as survivors that continue to reside on the Jordan Creek. Silver City was a very pleasant surprise.
    : We visited with locals and spent 2 hours walking the town and cemetary. There is a nice eating place in the hotel, and a cute little gift shop. As we were told, all would be closed by the end of Oct. We were in Silver city on Fri 10/10/03.
    : We traveled in a one ton ford pickup, but am sure the trip could be safely made in a SUV or high riding vehicle. One big relief was the well kept outhouse at the junction where the road from Murphy Id and from Jordan valley meet to proceed on into Silver City. Some we talked to said the going was a little shorter and easier from Murphy but the road is still mostly gravel and dirt. Don't miss the chance to see silver City. Happy traveling

Default Hotels in City

Originally posted by N/A

: Hi all:

: I've just got back from a 2 week vacation, having booked my hotel online (which I hadn't done before) on a friend's recommendation. It turned out very well, so I thought I'd let people know. The site's called Top Hotel Discounts, and they have good list of <b><a href="http://www.top-hotel-discounts.com/?city=City&country=COUNTRY">hotels in City</a></b>.
    : Hope you find it useful.

I visited and camped at Silver City for two days in early summer of 2001. Came in via Jordan Valley, exited via Murphy.

Roads were fine, except some puddles and washboard.

Fine scenery, fine summer residents. Idaho Hotel good for a drink or food.

Photos by others and myself on the gt.com Silver City page.
    David A. Wright
    Quote: "Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again!"

Default buy nolvadex 20mg y 14100

Thread Information