Thread: Does anyone NEED HELP with B.C. GHOST TOWNS???

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Does anyone NEED HELP with B.C. GHOST TOWNS???

Originally posted by Ryan J. Hill

: Howdy y’all! I’ve recently come into possession of a very old, and extremely rare “British Columbia Ghost Town Atlas” (By Garnet Basque). This IS NOT a “For sale” ad!!! Although the Atlas provides no historical accounts or photographs of the hundreds of Ghost Towns, National heritage sites and Indian Trails, it does provide very accurate, and extremely detailed maps of B.C. Ghost Town locations. If anyone at all needs aid in finding any Ghost Town in B.C, whether you are unsure of it’s existence, please feel free to contact me through my e-mail link above.
    : I hope I could be of any help, happy trails!

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Does anyone NEED HELP with B.C. GHOST TOWNS???

Originally posted by Chris

: hi i live in vernon and interested in knowing if there is any old ghost towns here if you could maybe please send me a picture of vernon on the map by scanning it or sending a copy to 1504 pottery road in vernon bc i would be much apologied thanks for your time.

Default Re: Does anyone NEED HELP with B.C. GHOST TOWNS???

Originally posted by Ryan

: Incredible, I've been looking for a resource like the one you're describing. I'm very much into old ghost towns around BC and can never find enough info to get to the good ones, the lower profile ones that don't have a ton of tourists.

: I live in Vancouver and used to go to the well known ones around the Okanagan when I lived there.

: If you could perhaps inform me as to the locations of some that may be a little further away from civilization, in the interior, okanagan, or even further north. That would be incredible. Thanks so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttowns.com View Post
    Originally posted by Ryan J. Hill

: Howdy y’all! I’ve recently come into possession of a very old, and extremely rare “British Columbia Ghost Town Atlas” (By Garnet Basque). This IS NOT a “For sale” ad!!! Although the Atlas provides no historical accounts or photographs of the hundreds of Ghost Towns, National heritage sites and Indian Trails, it does provide very accurate, and extremely detailed maps of B.C. Ghost Town locations. If anyone at all needs aid in finding any Ghost Town in B.C, whether you are unsure of it’s existence, please feel free to contact me through my e-mail link above.
    : I hope I could be of any help, happy trails!
    wow!!!! hi Ryan just found this site and you may save me from more fruitless days of searching the rugged forest and bush,trying to find "steamboat" a ghost town in the skagit valley of British Columbia. The best I can do is south slope of shawatum (steamboat) mountian I cannot find a map locating the town site anywhere so far. If you could help me out that would be awesome. It was abbanded in 1911 and probaly nothing left and very difficult to access but maybe that will favour a great find.

Here is a PDF copy of the British Columbia Ghost town Atlas

http://thecathedral20022000.googlepa...hosttown_atlas

Download via BitTorrent

Homerg58: "Steamboat city" is shown on map #4
    http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/3634/mapxlu.jpg

This is the area on Google maps satellite view
    http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=h&...,0.263672&z=13

Steamboat city according to the atlas is in an area thats not in high resolution on google maps though.
    Last edited by jblackrupert; 05-20-2009 at 07:49 AM.

Thread Information