Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calico Ghost Town

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Calico Ghost Town

Originally posted by Ryan

: No probz at all Laurie. Anytime.

: : Hi Ryan, Thank you very much for relating with me. It means a lot

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Originally posted by Cecile

: If you read my history of Calico in the link I provided on my earlier post, you will see that I believe that Calico has it's place for those who would never venture off to discover a true abandoned town. But it is basically a commmercial entity and an amusement park. Check out their website and judge for yourself http://www.calicotown.com/
    : I'm not putting it down, you just can't put in the same class as real ghost town. And can anyone tell me, after looking at their website - what do civil war re-enactments have to do with Calico, California??????

:
    : : Give over...
    : : At least it's been restored, can't we just be thankful for that? Heck, if it wasn't restored, who knows what we be left of Calico today? Obviously Laurie appreciates Calico for what it is, and I can relate with her, so lets leave it at that, k?

Originally posted by RICHARD cONNOR

: : Calico has been restored as an amusement park.

:
    : : : Well, I would laugh at those who would laugh at calico. Calico appears to be a fasinating place, and if I could, I would visit it. Ghost Towns that have been restored or even comercialized have just as much to offer a ghost town enthusiast as an abandoned site. More often thatn not, I've found that you can learn allot more from these restored places, as they often present museums, tours, and an abundance of information.
    : : : So please, don't "laugh" at Calico. If you do, then laugh at Cody, South Pass City, Fort Laramie and Fort Bridger, Wyoming. How's about Fort Wilkins, Central and Fayette, Michigan, and even me while youre at it.

Originally posted by RICHARD cONNOR

: I guess you get the horse laugh from me on this one. Any time you visit a commercial "ghost town" you are seeing what some one has percieved the town to be, and not to mention the intent to seperate you from a little pocket change along the way. Oh well its nice to have cotton candy as you soak up the "old town"

: Richard

: : Calico has been restored as an amusement park.

:
    : : : Well, I would laugh at those who would laugh at calico. Calico appears to be a fasinating place, and if I could, I would visit it. Ghost Towns that have been restored or even comercialized have just as much to offer a ghost town enthusiast as an abandoned site. More often thatn not, I've found that you can learn allot more from these restored places, as they often present museums, tours, and an abundance of information.
    : : : So please, don't "laugh" at Calico. If you do, then laugh at Cody, South Pass City, Fort Laramie and Fort Bridger, Wyoming. How's about Fort Wilkins, Central and Fayette, Michigan, and even me while youre at it.

Originally posted by Ryan

: Oh please! I hoped that people would agree with me when I said that we should be thankful that Calico has been restored. If it hadn't...would Calico exist today?

Originally posted by jon cagle

: : : Give over...
    : : : At least it's been restored, can't we just be thankful for that? Heck, if it wasn't restored, who knows what we be left of Calico today? Obviously Laurie appreciates Calico for what it is, and I can relate with her, so lets leave it at that, k?

: : Hi Ryan, Thank you very much for relating with me. It means a lot

Default FDA

Originally posted by Peter

: Great comments guys. Peter <a href="http://www.fda.gov/">FDA</a>

Default FDA

Originally posted by Peter

: Great comments guys. Peter <a href="http://www.fda.gov/">FDA</a>

Default Phentermine

Originally posted by Eric Ridley

: Whole heartedly agree with what is being said!
    :

Default Phentermine

Originally posted by Eric Ridley

: Whole heartedly agree with what is being said!
    :

Thread Information