Thread: " Fellow ghost towner comment"

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default " Fellow ghost towner comment"

Originally posted by Idahostagecoach@earthlink.net

: Just went to the Classified the othe day to post some items and found nothing for me,

: It's just not what it use to be.

: Johnnie

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: " Fellow ghost towner comment"

Originally posted by Idahostagecoach@earthlink

: : Just went to the Classified the othe day to post some items and found nothing for me,

: : It's just not what it use to be.

: : Johnnie

: Went back to the Classified today, to find my posting and found my posting lost in the "shuffle" of unrelated junk, I hope they pay for their add's If so thats their privlege, In our opinion some of them are not fellow ghosttowners, like the rest of us, but just along for the "freebies" and some have got carried away with their postings and satorated the web=page.

: Idahostagecoach@earthlink.net

Originally posted by Ryan Hill

: These things happen, I know I know, it sucks, but it happens. It's a shame that no one will post anything relavent. But when those few folks do, it's not very often. I try my best to get involved with the board and I know the other contributors do, I really do. But is it just me, or is this site kinda...well...dead? I keep my eyes open for new Ghost Towns in certain States and Provinces, but nothin new cropps up. I'm just hopeing that Ghost Towning isn't dead as well. I know that was a bit extreeme, but I have no clue what you Americans and Canadians get up to in you holidays and vacations! Just keep the spirit alive, be it on this site or not...

Originally posted by Rachel

: I'm planning a ghost town rally for next June; it's going to be held here in Utah, if it's any consolation. Ghost towning's not dead, don't worry! I went to the rally this year in Ely, NV, it was awesome! At least 100 people showed up, and hopefully even more will be here for next year's rally. I'm working the Tintic Mining District into the rally as well as coal country (the towns by Price and Helper). Hope this helps give you hope!

: : These things happen, I know I know, it sucks, but it happens. It's a shame that no one will post anything relavent. But when those few folks do, it's not very often. I try my best to get involved with the board and I know the other contributors do, I really do. But is it just me, or is this site kinda...well...dead? I keep my eyes open for new Ghost Towns in certain States and Provinces, but nothin new cropps up. I'm just hopeing that Ghost Towning isn't dead as well. I know that was a bit extreeme, but I have no clue what you Americans and Canadians get up to in you holidays and vacations! Just keep the spirit alive, be it on this site or not...

Originally posted by Eric A. Mayer

: I don't think Ghost Towning is dead. In fact, I'm working on a Ghost Town Photography site with a forum and other stuff because it is a passion of mine. I hope people visit and use it. I've lurked on this and few other sites for a long time but the pop-ups and spam drive me nuts. Don't get me wrong, the info is second to none, it's just frustrating. By the way Ryan, your site is very good! Rachel, once you get the dates and info up please let me know, it sounds pretty cool!

: Eric A. Mayer

Default Re:

Originally posted by Johnnie Sheila

: : Just went to the Classified the othe day to post some items and found nothing for me,

: : Johnnie Thanks! everyone for your Input, on our posting "A Ghosttowners comments" We think that Ghost Town,com is "Alive and Well" but the (Classified) is not what it use to be

: Johnnie & Sheila

Originally posted by Ryan Hill

: Well, thanks everyone for the confirmation! Sorry for the negativity, you know what they say - "Have Faith!" I'm real pleased to see that everyone's as passionate as one another about Ghost Towns as I am, it means a great deal to me to know that so many great folks appreciate Ghost Towns too.

: My sincerest thanks again!
    : P.S. TY for the kind comments Eric!

Originally posted by ghosttowns

: Hello Johnnie... You just volunteered to be the Classified Section Moderator - We have removed all the non paying offending posts and since you were the first to bring it to our attention we consider that an offer to moderate the forum... so what do you think, are you up for the job?

: If not, does someone else want to volunteer?

: email us at ghost@ghosttowns.com - remember the first time you email us you will get an autoreponse that you must just hit reply to to get put on our whitelist. From then on you can email us directly (too much spam).

: : Johnnie

Thread Information