Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Forum

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default New Forum

Originally posted by ghosttowns

: Due to constant abuse by spammers, we will be changing the format of this forum to one of the more modern types where users must login to get into the forums. We have not decided which product we will use yet but the forum will be changing very soon...

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: New Forum

Originally posted by Cecile

: Thank goodness! Also very hard to post here without the ads interfering. May I suggest you check out death-valley.us or ATVExplorers.com to see what type of program they use. The webmasters there would be happy to help advise you I am sure.

:
    : : Due to constant abuse by spammers, we will be changing the format of this forum to one of the more modern types where users must login to get into the forums. We have not decided which product we will use yet but the forum will be changing very soon...

Default Re: New Forum

Originally posted by Rockcrusher

: : Due to constant abuse by spammers, we will be changing the format of this forum to one of the more modern types where users must login to get into the forums. We have not decided which product we will use yet but the forum will be changing very soon...

:
    : 'Bout time!!!

Default Email me and I'll be more than happy to help.

Originally posted by Eric A. Mayer

: I use the Invision Board. It is free and pretty easy to setup if you use something like CPanel. I would be more than happy to help get the settings all squared away for you as well as help moderate if you need someone who knows the forum.

: Again, it's free to non-commercial sites and this one seems to fit that category.

: Let me know! (take out the NOSPAM when emailing)

: Mine is virtually unused at the moment, but I also run some other sites that are quite busy which use the same forum.

: Eric A. Mayer

Default Re: Email me and I'll be more than happy to help.

Originally posted by ghosttowns

: Erik, we went with vbulletin - its all setup and should be up soon - we do need a moderator though!! we have imported about 8 or 10k posts into it to kick it off.. are you familiar with vbulletin?

: : I use the Invision Board. It is free and pretty easy to setup if you use something like CPanel. I would be more than happy to help get the settings all squared away for you as well as help moderate if you need someone who knows the forum.

: : Again, it's free to non-commercial sites and this one seems to fit that category.

: : Let me know! (take out the NOSPAM when emailing)

: : Mine is virtually unused at the moment, but I also run some other sites that are quite busy which use the same forum.

: : Eric A. Mayer

Yes, I am familiar with VBulletin and would be willing to help.

If you haven't already, I suggest you set up some type of holding forum open only to moderators and the admin (maybe called "The Outhouse"? ) so that any questionable posts can be moved there until they can be reviewed.

I used my hotmail account when registering, but if you would like to discuss it more, just shoot me a PM.

Glad you made the change, it is much more user friendly, IMO.

Eric A. Mayer
    "The Desert is my Church and Hunting is my God" - EAM

Thumbs up Hoping for the best

Wow, so much to learn. There is going to be a learning curve but I hope that all our old friends will take the time to follow us into the 21st century. Looking forward to some meaningful discussions.
    Last edited by Bob; 12-27-2003 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Spelling, type too fast
    Yet Another Bob

Ok, I was just waiting for somebody else to make the first move. Looks great and hopefully we can get some good conversations going and make this board interesting again.
    Cecile
    ------------------------
    Well behaved women
    rarely make history -
    Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
    www.explorehistoricalif.com
    www.cerrogordo.us

Quote Originally Posted by Cecile
    Ok, I was just waiting for somebody else to make the first move. Looks great and hopefully we can get some good conversations going and make this board interesting again.
    Cecille, I'd sure like to see that happen as well. I know there a lot of us who read, research, and root in the desert. I would love actually share research data, get into more serious discussions of old ghosts. I love your stories on your website. I often tell such stories on the tours I lead for our Forest Service volunteers here in Las Vegas. I tell em, I don't write em down. I've never felt I wrote well but I do have a lot of stroies and also a lot of unsolved questions as well. I guess the way for us to get this started is to post a new thread and see if anyone answers. I'll do that for Karo, Nevada, a ghost I've been unsuccessful in tracking down.
    Yet Another Bob

Hey, Bob! I didn't know you lead tours. Good for you! My husband has a fantastic memory and does great talks on our tours. I have no memory, but can write and research anything - so my website and the message boards are jus perfect for me!

Look forward to your posts!

I'll see if I can get some of our old friends back over here now for some great ghost town discussions.

The worst complaint, other than the spammers, is that sometimes the pop-ups make it hard to post something. So far I haven't had that problem with this new board.

My avatar, by the way, is a picture of me at Cerro Gordo's 1871 American Hotel with the now famous Skinny Cat.
    Cecile
    ------------------------
    Well behaved women
    rarely make history -
    Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
    www.explorehistoricalif.com
    www.cerrogordo.us

Thread Information