Thread: Rhyolite, NV

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Rhyolite, NV

Originally posted by David A. Wright

: NEWS: Found out recently that the townsite of Rhyolite is up for sale. This comes from George Huxtable, president of the Death Valley Hikers Assc. The mining company that has been doing mining there, Barrick (sp?), has completed their mining of the region and will reclaim the land until mid-2000. I understand the townsite is up for sale for $1. But the purchaser must meet stringent requirements for upkeep, insurance etc.

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Re: Rhyolite, NV

Originally posted by Kristin

: This has nothing to do with the town being up for sale, but your message prompted me to check out the Rhyolite page on this site, and that prompted me to want to go there.

: The only map of Nevada I have handy is one in a U.S. atlas, and it doesn't pinpoint the town. It looks like it's right off of the 95...is it on the 374?

: Pretty cool pictures, by the way, that you have posted on that page. What a great way to spend New Year's.

Originally posted by BARRY

: : This has nothing to do with the town being up for sale, but your message prompted me to check out the Rhyolite page on this site, and that prompted me to want to go there.

: : The only map of Nevada I have handy is one in a U.S. atlas, and it doesn't pinpoint the town. It looks like it's right off of the 95...is it on the 374?

: : Pretty cool pictures, by the way, that you have posted on that page. What a great way to spend New Year's.

Originally posted by Barry

: : :

: THE TOWN IS WELL WORTH SEEING

: IT IS A SHORT DRIVE AND EASY ACCESS FROM LAS VEGAS

: : :

Originally posted by Tom Wood

: : This has nothing to do with the town being up for sale, but your message prompted me to check out the Rhyolite page on this site, and that prompted me to want to go there.

: : The only map of Nevada I have handy is one in a U.S. atlas, and it doesn't pinpoint the town. It looks like it's right off of the 95...is it on the 374?

:

: Rhyolite is Northwest off of 374 on a paved road. It is well worth the trip.

: : Pretty cool pictures, by the way, that you have posted on that page. What a great way to spend New Year's.

Originally posted by Kristin

: Tom & Barry--

: Thanks for the information. After reading your messages, I hunted up a more detailed map which does nail the spot down.

: Coincidentally, I was cruising the 395/Death Valley area a couple months ago, and was just a few miles from the spot…but had no idea it was out there. It's strange how some of these incredible places are just tucked into the landscape, in what is now the middle of nowhere.

: Anyway, I'm looking forward to checking the place out. Thanks again.

Originally posted by Justin Cimock

: Hello, this isnt about the the city being for sale, but I am looking for a map of Rhyolite between 1904-1919 is there one around? I just visited there yesterday and am planning on returning in the extreme near future. Thank you in advance.

Thread Information